Does the customer have a ship and cancel or ship and back order account.  As
long as the account allows for back order just tell him what will be
shipped.  If they have a ship and cancel, you should contact them to let
them know to reorder immediately.

 

Most ERP systems are set up with a first come first serve basis; however,
inventory can be reserved, only I don't know how you reserve that which is
not in inventory.  You may need to notify manufacturing about this as well.

 

Sincerely,

 

Jason McMahon

8079 Village Drive

Cincinnati, OH  45242-4315

 <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

http://gutausse.weebly.com/articles.html

 <http://gutausse.blogspot.com/> http://gutausse.blogspot.com

 <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b>
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b

Note:  New E-mail address.

 

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Leah
Halpin
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 9:37 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] PO ACK business process question - general

 

  

I'm directing this question to those of you who have retail experience.  I
am working on an 855 and I've come across something that's new to me.  The
implementation guideline I'm working with shows the SCH available for use.
The SCH at the line item level is not subordinate to the ACK segment.  I'm
wondering how to acknowledge a PO with multiple changes to the quantity and
scheduled date, such as:

Customer orders 1,000 pieces.  I have 400 on hand and I know they want the
rest as quickly as I can make them, I can ship 300 later this week and 300
next week.  

ACK is limited to a max repeat of 1, ACK loop (optional) is max repeat 104
(wtf?), only segment allowed within the ACK loop is the MAN segment which is
optional and not applicable to my business process.

ACK01 codes allowed which refer to date or quantity change are:
DR = Item accepted - date rescheduled
IC = Item accepted - Changes made
IQ = Item accepted - quantity changed

SCH is it's own loop, max repeat 200.

I am not able, at this time, to ask the customer what they would like (which
is what I want to do) so please don't suggest that.

Should I use the generic ACK01 = IC and then list out my proposed shipping
schedule in three SCH segments or should I use two ACK segments one with DR
and one with IQ and then list out my three SCH segments or should I skip the
ACK all together (which seems odd) and just write my thee SCH segments.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Leah

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to