I fully agree with your assessment of SPS (though I have to admit I have had
some success with their testing personal).  Wal-mart I have had very mixed
results.  Most of the time their EDI system works just fine.  But at others
it is very frustrating.  I once started getting e-mails asking me to resend
ASNs that they could not find in their system (even though I had the 997s
confirming that they had received them).  I would send them again and
everything was fine - until the next e-mail.  So I decided to call them
after each transmission and have someone verify that they could indeed see
the ASNs in their system. This went on for a full month before requests for
resending the ASNs stopped.

 

Sincerely,

 

Jason McMahon

8079 Village Drive

Cincinnati, OH  45242-4315

 <mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

gutausse.weebly com/articles html

gutausse.blogspot com

 <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b>
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b

 

  _____  

From: Burnbrae EDI [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 4:46 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] 3rd party testing that wasn't hideous

 

We are a grocery vendor and one of the larger grocery chains in Canada -
Loblaws has again joined hands with the hideous, stupid and grossly
monopolistic SPS Commerce.

Last year they charged us money to test for Warehouse and this year its for
DSD ASN's. Its a huge cash grab and I am sure if Loblaws with its CEO Galen
Weston (who appears in commercials mouthing platitudes about helping small
vendors) were to actually think what they are getting from SPS it will be a
big Zero and in mostly huge negative feelings from their vendors.

I cannot even think of how murky the agreement is between SPS and Loblaws as
SPS gets to ride bareback on all their vendors - they tell you that if you
join the SPS webforms or SPS EDI service then there is no testing fee and if
you go with any other provider then there are going to be ridiculous testing
charges.

We use a third party vendor that has many hundred vendors on their EDI
solution and they still have to pay SPS for every one of their vendor
whereas if you sign up with SPS you dont have to pay testing fees but you
are forced to use the hideous, unfriendly and expensive SPS system. So much
for free choice - we are a fairly cost conscious company and I think my
company might go with the hideous company just because of the savings in
testing fees.     Steaming mad
<http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr04/ltr/emo/steaming_mad.gif> 

Galen Weston and all other CEO's who think SPS is the best thing since
sliced bread- please wake up and fix things before its too late. For
starters your biggest competitor Wal-Mart does not use SPS and Wal-Mart has
probably the best supply chain and edi system around.


Melissa



  _____  

To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]; [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:28:05 -0500
Subject: RE: [EDI-L] 3rd party testing that wasn't hideous

  

Then I am in very good company. On the other hand, I have set up new
trading partners who put off testing for weeks so I test with any examples I
can find, only to have a production document come through without any
warning whatsoever. I then have to call to find out what is going on only
to be told that they thought we had completed testing and were ready to go
live. So working directly with the trading partner can have its own
challenges.

One of the nicest compliments I ever received was from Wal-mart who wanted
to use us as a beta site for a new document because we were so conscientious
about resolving issues when they came up.

Sincerely,

Jason McMahon

8079 Village Drive

Cincinnati, OH 45242-4315

<mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

gutausse.weebly com/articles html

gutausse.blogspot com

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b>
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b

_____ 

From: Samantha Scott [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 10:09 AM
To: Jason McMahon
Cc: Ken Etter; edi list
Subject: Re: [EDI-L] 3rd party testing that wasn't hideous

Yes, Sears is at the top of my list of hideous experiences and it is, or
was, Inovis that did their testing. I don't know if this is who you dealt
with or who they replaced the company you refer to with but my experience
was similar. I had to go through it 3 time for three different "flow paths"
(interpret that to mean 'road to perdition') and each time I filled out the
customer survey as the WORST testing experience EVER. I have to say the
Sears owns much of that credit themselves, the testing company just frosted
the cake.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Jason McMahon <[email protected]>
wrote:

Several years ago I had to test documents with Sears so they arranged for a
third party to do the testing. It was one of the worst testing
organizations I had ever worked with, but to appease Sears I completed
testing with them. When we were done they said they would notify Sears and
Sears would then get back to me.

A week or so later Sears called me to ask if I had completed testing with
this third party and I said that they were going to inform you that we were
ready to go live. The lady at Sears was so upset after talking with them
that she personally supervised another test and we went live two days later.

Soon after that Sears fired the company and I only worked with Sears
directly after that.

Sincerely,

Jason McMahon

8079 Village Drive

Cincinnati, OH 45242-4315

<mailto:[email protected]> [email protected]

gutausse.weebly com/articles html

gutausse.blogspot com

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b>
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-mcmahon/11/743/51b

_____ 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ken
Etter
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 9:50 AM
To: Samantha Scott; edi list
Subject: Re: [EDI-L] 3rd party testing that wasn't hideous

Aren't you referring to the "Pay for the abuse" industry, you know those
third 
party testing companies...??

It is Friday...

Ken
[email protected] <mailto:edispec%40yahoo.com> 

________________________________
From: Samantha Scott <[email protected] <mailto:mossmuncher%40gmail.com>
>
To: edi list <[email protected] <mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com> >
Sent: Thu, March 3, 2011 10:29:02 AM
Subject: [EDI-L] 3rd party testing that wasn't hideous

Yes, this is me saying that. You may know how much I personally revile 3rd
party testing as being a waste of money, an abuse of vendors (making us pay
for the customer's EDI program) and frequently a waste of time because they
systems are faulty, give poor results, pass things in testing they reject in
production, reject things that are correct and are manned by people who seem
to understand little about the business they serve or more than the most
rudimentary aspects of EDI.

We were directed to use DirectEDI to test with Veterans Canteen service and
for a change:
I didn't have to pay for the torture (that was truly novel)
Their automated system actually worked all the way through and was correct
(unlike every single other 3rd party test company I've been subjected to)

It still lacks that communication with the business which is the #1 failing
of all 3rd party relationships but, all in all, I didn't hate it nearly as
much as I usually do.

Huzzah!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]







[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to