Chris, Are you trying to create something that will be used by someone sending/receiving X12 or do you still need an application cross-reference?
EDISIM and Edifecs can possibly do the latter (I've only scratched the surface of EDISIM), but they are more designed for the former. While we make great use of EDISIM for nice and neat Implementation Guidelines, we also maintain quite a few application cross-reference tables for internal and external customers. Don't overlook something as simple as Excel, since the columns/rows can easily be tweaked and you can include X12 segment/element information, usage (Mandatory/Optional/Conditional), and whatever application references your TPs may need. Another advantage of Excel is that you can "dump" your programmatic mappings into a delimited file and import that, saving you HOURS of manual entry. Finally, anyone you'd send it to has Excel and they can manipulate it to best serve you. Best of luck! Matt ________________________________ Matthew Brown eBusiness Analyst eBusiness Standards & Practices EasyLink Services International Corporation www.easylink.com [email protected] Direct: 732-658-5419 Fax: 212-999-7375 -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of CJ Hodges Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 4:19 PM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [EDI-L] X12 Spec Builder I have to reverse engineer maps that have been created and modified over the past 3 years for our 3PL into specs for a new 3PL. The existing specs are for internal use (X12 data to their related SAP fields) and I don't feel comfortable sending this to the new 3PL. I'm basically just looking for any recommendations/opinions in software from people I know work in the field. I have a myriad of specs I've received from customers over the years so I can look at those too. I can use Word and probably will. Again...I was simply looking for suggestions of software I could research. Thanks, Chris ------------------------------------ ... Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC> Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
