Perhaps it's time to consider moving EDI-L to Google Groups?????

 

Rachel Foerster

847-872-8070

 

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 5:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] Coming to EDI-L - a new look and feel from Yahoo Groups

 

  

Please be advised that Yahoo Groups is undergoing a look-and-feel revision.
I just the other day got wind of this on the moderator forum that I attend.
Today was the first day I had concrete proof of the change and I clicked
over to check out a new Groups forum that had had this new format applied. 

It wasn't pretty.

It adds a lot of 'fluff' but no new functionality. The jury's still out on
whether it removes functionality or not, will keep investigating this.

Note that the owner had not asked for the new forum facelift, it's just an
'improvement' that Yahoo is making and there is no opt-out at the present
time, if ever.

The buzz on the moderator forum is that this is slowly being inflicted on
Yahoo Groups sites, with no prior notification. I doubt either I or Rich D.
will get any warning of when this will hit EDI-L, but I wanted the group to
be forewarned.





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to