Thanks so much Jorge and the team. Cheers, Rebecca

On Mon, 8 Dec 2025 at 02:42, Jorge Gustavo Spertino <[email protected]>
wrote:

> excellent, :-)
>
> El dom, 7 dic 2025 a las 12:32, Reed, Marianne A. (<[email protected]>)
> escribió:
>
>> I've done the same, Jorge, and it works great.  Deleting all of the other
>> columns, including the headers, is wise!  The metadata in the items moves
>> wigh the item.
>>
>>
>> -------- Original message --------
>> From: Jorge Gustavo Spertino <[email protected]>
>> Date: 12/7/25 8:28 AM (GMT-06:00)
>> To: Rebecca Odea <[email protected]>
>> Cc: DSpace Community <[email protected]>
>> Subject: Re: [dspace-community] Move collection to a different community
>> in DSpace 7.6
>>
>> *I forgot to mention the step of importing the modified CSV file before
>> point 6.
>> Sorry,
>>
>> Jorge
>>
>> El vie, 5 dic 2025 a las 10:29, Jorge Gustavo Spertino (<
>> [email protected]>) escribió:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What I've done in a similar situation is:
>>> 1- Create the new destination collection in the corresponding community.
>>> 2- Export the metadata of the items from the source collection that I
>>> want to move.
>>> 3- (This isn't necessary, but I'm very conservative about it.) I delete
>>> all columns from that CSV file except for the ID and collection columns.
>>> 4- I use one or two of those items as a test, and delete the rest of the
>>> rows.
>>> 5- In those test rows (records), I change the collection number to the
>>> new collection in the corresponding column.
>>>
>>> 6- If I'm satisfied with the result, I continue with the remaining items.
>>> 7- I delete the original collection, which should now be empty.
>>>
>>> This is just one method I'm sharing with you. I'm not sure it's the
>>> best, but it's what I've used. I hope it helps.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Jorge
>>>
>>> El jue, 4 dic 2025 a las 20:01, Rebecca Odea (<[email protected]>)
>>> escribió:
>>>
>>>> Has anyone managed to move a collection into a different community
>>>> using any of these approaches?
>>>>
>>>> - Command line tools (like community‑filiator — though it looks like
>>>> that only works for communities).
>>>>
>>>> - REST API
>>>>
>>>> - Direct SQL (I know this is risky and could affect
>>>> integrity/permissions).
>>>>
>>>> - Export/Import
>>>>
>>>> Would love to hear what’s worked for you!
>>>>
>>>> Cheers, Rebecca
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> All messages to this mailing list should adhere to the Code of Conduct:
>>>> https://www.lyrasis.org/about/Pages/Code-of-Conduct.aspx
>>>> ---
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "DSpace Community" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>> To view this discussion visit
>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-community/22eea3d6-48f0-4e85-bead-d191bc173004n%40googlegroups.com
>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-community/22eea3d6-48f0-4e85-bead-d191bc173004n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>> .
>>>>
>>> --
>> All messages to this mailing list should adhere to the Code of Conduct:
>> https://www.lyrasis.org/about/Pages/Code-of-Conduct.aspx
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "DSpace Community" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To view this discussion visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-community/CALWxbnh7eT6oD8aGFBLco-PEEXw0E7pmbfzcPjt12QKKjff%2BJg%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-community/CALWxbnh7eT6oD8aGFBLco-PEEXw0E7pmbfzcPjt12QKKjff%2BJg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>

-- 
All messages to this mailing list should adhere to the Code of Conduct: 
https://www.lyrasis.org/about/Pages/Code-of-Conduct.aspx
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"DSpace Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dspace-community/CAJbsd3ujD7aia3JYOLeC%3Dfb7Tb38HzDPQ5UkMYVkq0Tic2boJQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to