Public

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dave Airlie <[email protected]>
> Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2026 5:17 PM
> To: Deucher, Alexander <[email protected]>
> Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; Kuehling,
> Felix <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Add UALink infrastructure series 2
>
> > https://github.com/ROCm/rocm-
> systems/blob/35959f8e1260c7cee3e51a740e32
> > 0be3856ee4ff/projects/rocr-runtime/libhsakmt/src/memory.c#L1036
> >
> > Alex Deucher (1):
> >   Documentation: add initial UALink Documentation
> >
> > Mukul Joshi (2):
> >   drm/gem: Add callback for when handle count goes to 0
> >   drm/amdgpu: Add ioctl infra for exporting/importing UALink handles
> >
> >  Documentation/gpu/amdgpu/index.rst         |  1 +
> >  Documentation/gpu/amdgpu/ualink.rst        | 74
> ++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c    |  2 +
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_gem.c    |  9 +++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ualink.c | 44 +++++++++++++
> > drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ualink.h |  2 +
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/drm_gem.c                  |  5 +-
> >  include/drm/drm_gem.h                      | 11 ++++
>
> This gem patch is kinda sneaking in here, I'd have preferred to have more
> discussion on the list around this sort of addition to the gem code.
>

Sorry about that.  That was mainly why I sent these patches to the wider 
audience in the first place, but I ended up spending so much time writing up 
the overview of UALink, I completely forgot to call out the gem change as well.

Alex

Reply via email to