On 11/24/14 1:05 PM, Tim Wicinski wrote:
> I did not say a requirements document. I said the Problem Statement, and
> evaluation metrics.  Neither are requirements.

I've been concerned about the proliferation of problem statement
documents (and use case documents, but less about requirements
documents).  They introduce delay into the process.  Sometimes that
delay is necessary or helpful but often it isn't.  The situations
in which problem statement documents are helpful include those
where the working group charter is unacceptably fuzzy or where
there's a lot of contention for "ownership" of solutions.  I'm
not sure that I see that a problem statement document will be
particularly helpful for moving this work forward.  One thing
that might minimize the process damage from having one is agreeing
ahead of time that a dprive "problem statement" will *not* be
published as an RFC.

Melinda

_______________________________________________
dns-privacy mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-privacy

Reply via email to