#29589: Insert a new method part_page_range for class Page in
django.core.paginator.py
----------------------------------------+------------------------
               Reporter:  BobDu         |          Owner:  nobody
                   Type:  New feature   |         Status:  new
              Component:  Core (Other)  |        Version:  2.0
               Severity:  Normal        |       Keywords:
           Triage Stage:  Unreviewed    |      Has patch:  1
    Needs documentation:  0             |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0             |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0             |
----------------------------------------+------------------------
 Class `Pagination` have a attribute `page_range`,
 it's very useful when I want to write the other page link in the html.
 We only need write in html like

 {{{
 <!-- contacts is a instance of Page class -->
 {% for p in contacts.paginator.page_range %}
 <li>
     <a href="{% url 'admin_user_index' %}?&page={{ p }}">
         {{ p }}
     </a>
 </li>
 {% endfor %}
 }}}

 But, when the pages is too more, for example 1000, Things are going to get
 scary.

 So, I suggest insert a method `part_page_range()` for class Page.

 For example,
 When the `contacts.paginator.num_pages` `=1000`,
 and the `contacts.number` `=500`,
 I can use the

 {{{
 contacts.part_page_range(5)
 }}}

 to acquire a range instance `range(498, 503)`.
 I think Django will be more handy after insert this method.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29589>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/049.3127cf080e1b596810283eee1b99ebce%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to