#29529: FilePathField path attribute gets resolved when running makemigrations.
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
               Reporter:             |          Owner:  nobody
  Sebastiaan Arendsen                |
                   Type:             |         Status:  new
  Uncategorized                      |
              Component:             |        Version:  2.0
  Migrations                         |       Keywords:  migration,
               Severity:  Normal     |  filepathfield, makemigrations
           Triage Stage:             |      Has patch:  0
  Unreviewed                         |
    Needs documentation:  0          |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0          |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0          |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 I have a special case where I want to create a model containing the path
 to some local files on the server/dev machine. Seeing as the place where
 these files are stored is different on different machines I have the
 following:

 {{{
 #!python
 import os

 from django.conf import settings
 from django.db import models

 class LocalFiles(models.Model):
     name = models.CharField(max_length=255)
     file = models.FilePathField(path=os.path.join(settings.LOCAL_FILE_DIR,
 'example_dir'))
 }}}

 Now when running manage.py makemigrations it will resolve the path based
 on the machine it is being run on.  Eg:
 /home/<username>/server_files/example_dir

 I had to manually change the migration to include the os.path.join() part
 to not break this when running the migration on production/other machine.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29529>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/052.f98a7c6f90af8f190a7728e54cbd25d1%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to