#29091: Error on makemigrations:  '_NamespacePath' object does not support 
indexing
---------------------------------------+------------------------
               Reporter:  Rafael Lott  |          Owner:  nobody
                   Type:  Bug          |         Status:  new
              Component:  Migrations   |        Version:  2.0
               Severity:  Normal       |       Keywords:
           Triage Stage:  Unreviewed   |      Has patch:  0
    Needs documentation:  0            |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0            |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0            |
---------------------------------------+------------------------
 I upgraded from Django 1.11 to Django 2.0.

 When I ran 'makemigrations', I got this error.

 {{{
    File "/home/webapp/.virtualenvs/odin/lib/python3.5/site-
 packages/django/db/migrations/questioner.py", line 51, in ask_initial
     filenames = os.listdir(migrations_module.__path__[0])
 TypeError: '_NamespacePath' object does not support indexing
 }}}

 I manage to fix it by editing the file
 'django/db/migrations/questioner.py' line 51 from:
 {{{
 filenames = os.listdir(migrations_module.__path__[0])
 }}}

 to

 {{{
 filenames = os.listdir(list(migrations_module.__path__)[0])
 }}}

 I don't know if this is the correct solution.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29091>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/053.5cbd5c7d183f5f338f39263a2e2bf8ee%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to