#29090: Use a colon instead of a dot in Hungarian time formats
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter: danieltatraivertis | Owner:
| danieltatraivertis
Type: Bug | Status: assigned
Component: | Version: 2.0
Internationalization |
Severity: Normal | Resolution:
Keywords: hungary hungarian | Triage Stage:
date time format | Unreviewed
Has patch: 1 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 0
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by danieltatraivertis):
Replying to [comment:2 Tim Graham]:
> Has the style in Hungary changed since the original formats were
introduced seven years ago (#16076)? Do you have a colleague who can +1
the changes?
>
> To me, the sentence in the article you linked "The time format is “hh
óra mm perc”, but the numeric form hh.mm can also be used (although colons
are sometimes used instead of dots)." doesn't really support this change.
Not even seven years ago was that the case. It was never official, I don't
know why is it changed to that in (#16076) ticket. I did my research, and
I found that ticket too (that is why the ticket name are the same). It may
have some other reasons why dots are there in Django, but we use
everywhere ':' and I didn't find any reasons for dots in Django, that's
why I made a ticket. Neighbor countries also use ':' separator in Django.
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29090#comment:6>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/076.82812ab158a2c795e4abe2a1a8ba615e%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.