#28718: Resetting your password shouldn't depend on your current password being
hashed with a supported hasher
-----------------------------------------+------------------------
Reporter: mr-bo-jangles | Owner: nobody
Type: Bug | Status: new
Component: contrib.auth | Version: 1.11
Severity: Normal | Keywords:
Triage Stage: Unreviewed | Has patch: 0
Needs documentation: 0 | Needs tests: 0
Patch needs improvement: 0 | Easy pickings: 0
UI/UX: 0 |
-----------------------------------------+------------------------
Currently the built in django password reset system requires that you have
an active account and that your password can be compared to by an enabled
hasher.
I think that this is in error, as you are about to reset the password to
something new (hence resetting it) and the standard process of password
resetting requires an email confirmation. I can see no way in which this
is able to be abused by a malicious 3rd party. If I'm mistaken here then
feel free to correct me.
I propose that the system is changed to just require that the user is
active and that their password is not marked disabled as per the
UNUSABLE_PASSWORD_PREFIX.
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28718>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/056.b556015ac55901bafbb52e3b2c8d0ffa%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.