#28703: URL regex for admin's app_index view isn't constructed deterministically
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  erikbryant           |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:                       |                   Status:  new
  Cleanup/optimization               |
    Component:  contrib.admin        |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:  stable               |             Triage Stage:
                                     |  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  1                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by erikbryant):

 I was asked to create a mechanism that would tell us if any new endpoints
 were added or if any existing endpoints were deleted. In either case we
 would need to update the web UI that uses our endpoints.

 My less-than-ideal solution was to create a snapshot of our existing
 endpoints in a file. I wrote a test that compares the current set of
 endpoints with the snapshot. If an endpoint is added/deleted the test will
 fail. The expectation is that the developer who is making the change would
 see the failure and create a ticket to have the web UI updated. I'd be
 happy to know how other teams deal with this. I'm sure there is a better
 way.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28703#comment:2>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/068.632f1a29bf0a7ff4456feb677e55bf5c%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to