#28077: Allow specifying an operator class for GinIndex()
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  IzyJeepee            |                    Owner:  (none)
         Type:  New feature          |                   Status:  new
    Component:  contrib.postgres     |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:  postgres, gin,       |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
  operator, class                    |
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by vinay karanam):

 I've a use case where I am always doing `__contains` query on `JSONField`.
 So, I would prefer GIN index to be created using `jsonb_path_ops` operator
 class rather than the default `jsonb_ops`.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28077#comment:5>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/067.97b17c8e3da7b6ecebed007a6e59d42b%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to