#28590: Quotes around filter string omitted in query __str__()
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Aur Saraf            |                    Owner:  Adiyat
                                     |  Mubarak
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  assigned
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  1.11
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:
                                     |  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Adiyat Mubarak):

 Replying to [ticket:28590 Aur Saraf]:
 > Very low severity, and probably easy pickings:
 >
 > In various versions of Django, up to 1.11.5, with sqlite, on Windows:
 >
 > {{{
 > class M(models.Model):
 >     field = models.CharField(max_length=10)
 > }}}
 >
 > {{{
 > >>> from bug import models
 > >>> print models.M.objects.filter(field='I am a string, look at
 me').query.__str__()
 > SELECT "bug_m"."id", "bug_m"."field" FROM "bug_m" WHERE "bug_m"."field"
 = I am a string, look at me
 > >>> models.M.objects.filter(field='I am a string, look at me')
 > <QuerySet []>
 > >>> from django.db import connection
 > >>> print connection.queries[-1]['sql']
 > SELECT "bug_m"."id", "bug_m"."field" FROM "bug_m" WHERE "bug_m"."field"
 = 'I am a string, look at me' LIMIT 21
 > }}}
 >
 > {{{
 > SELECT "bug_m"."id", "bug_m"."field" FROM "bug_m" WHERE "bug_m"."field"
 = I am a string, look at me
 > SELECT "bug_m"."id", "bug_m"."field" FROM "bug_m" WHERE "bug_m"."field"
 = 'I am a string, look at me' LIMIT 21
 > }}}
 >
 > {{{
 > WHERE "bug_m"."field" = I am a string, look at me
 > WHERE "bug_m"."field" = 'I am a string, look at me'
 > }}}

 Hi, this issue also occurs in my OSX and I'm using Django 1.9.6 with
 MariaDB.
 I'm trying to patch this, should I start from 1.11.x branch or master?
 Also, I don't know where is the file located regarding this issue.
 Thanks in advanced.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28590#comment:2>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/068.5cc15ed6cdf743a9c8befb6a012c9cd7%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to