#28488: Django 1.11+ raises CSRF verification failed if settings.DEBUG is False 
and
an intermediate 404 page is requested
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Ruben Alves          |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  new
    Component:  CSRF                 |                  Version:  master
     Severity:  Release blocker      |               Resolution:
     Keywords:  csrf failed          |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
  settings debug false production    |
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Berker Peksag):

 I just tried Nicola's sample project and I was able to reproduce it
 locally.

 For some strange reason, I can't reproduce it locally on my own project
 even if I made the same request:

 {{{
 [19/Sep/2017 02:00:34] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 42428
 [19/Sep/2017 02:00:36] "GET /static/js/main-min.js HTTP/1.1" 404 31942
 [19/Sep/2017 02:00:50] "GET /admin/login/?next=/admin/ HTTP/1.1" 200 1625
 [19/Sep/2017 02:00:50] "GET /static/admin/css/base.css HTTP/1.1" 404 31950
 [19/Sep/2017 02:00:50] "GET /static/admin/css/login.css HTTP/1.1" 404
 31952
 }}}

 I removed all custom middlewares and copied the `MIDDLEWARE` setting from
 Nicola's project and I was still able to login successfully.

 On both local and production environment, I see different
 `csrfmiddlewaretoken` values after each refresh but the value of
 `csrfmiddlewaretoken` doesn't match with the `csrftoken` cookie (it also
 stays same after I refreshed the page) However, the `csrftoken` cookie
 changes each request in Nicola's project.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28488#comment:37>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/068.9be3045110ae74e783f24abc816a071e%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to