#27090: pg_get_serial_sequence is broken on postgres, use a lookup in
information_schema.columns instead
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter: Hanne Moa | Owner: nobody
Type: | Status: new
Cleanup/optimization |
Component: Database layer | Version: 1.10
(models, ORM) |
Severity: Normal | Resolution:
Keywords: postgres sequence | Triage Stage:
| Someday/Maybe
Has patch: 0 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 0
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by Claude Paroz):
I'm trying to create a failing test, but on the PostgreSQL 9.4 and 9.6
instances I'm using to test, the `pg_get_serial_sequence` function does
return the real sequence name even after renaming the sequence with `ALTER
SEQUENCE ... RENAME TO`.
I would be interested to get more feedback from other testers...
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27090#comment:18>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/062.b0b8a6238c2054885f77c65308999f8f%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.