#28584: document supported SQLite versions/remove code for unsupported versions
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Sergey Fedoseev      |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:                       |                   Status:  new
  Cleanup/optimization               |
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  master
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Changes (by Tim Graham):

 * component:  Uncategorized => Database layer (models, ORM)
 * stage:  Unreviewed => Accepted


Comment:

 In the past, I think a limiting factor to dropping old versions was the
 SQLite included with Windows and Python 2, although I've never really
 understood the relationship between Python, SQLite, pysqlite, etc.
 Compared to other databases, I've never had to "install sqlite" since it's
 included with Python, right? For that reason, I'm not sure if there's a
 need to document a minimum version, however,  removing unneeded code for
 obsolete versions could probably be done.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28584#comment:1>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/068.92d9e98002565eafeb4b19eef15c17c8%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to