#27818: Use contextlib.suppress to suppress exceptions.
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter: Mads Jensen | Owner: Tim
Type: | Graham <timograham@…>
Cleanup/optimization | Status: new
Component: Core (Other) | Version: master
Severity: Normal | Resolution:
Keywords: | Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: 1 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 0
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by Tim Graham):
I got this input from #python-dev:
`Alex_Gaynor`: Without measuring, I'd bet almost anything that the
majority of the overhead is in an additional function call, so it's not
really avoidable. I'm not sure it makes sense to docuemnt, _any_ fucntion
call would add the same overhead (assuming I'm right). (For that reason
I'd expect it to have no additional overhead on PyPy)
` __ap__`: Those kinds of wholesale replacements look like an anti-pattern
to me. Most of the time, the un-abstracted version is as readable as the
slower abstracted one.
[https://github.com/django/django/pull/9038 PR] to revert.
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27818#comment:10>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/068.0db0fb7761848da4602ea8598f7b63c2%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.