#28561: Docs inaccurate about QuerySet.order_by('foo__id') creating a join
--------------------------------------+------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Marten Kenbeek        |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Cleanup/optimization  |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Documentation         |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal                |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                        |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  1                     |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                     |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  1                     |                    UI/UX:  0
--------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by Tim Graham):

 * has_patch:  0 => 1


Comment:

 I found that the behavior changed (removing the join for
 `.order_by('blog__id')`) in ccbba98131ace3beb43790c65e8f4eee94e9631c
 (Django 1.7). Oddly, the text in question was added in
 21b858cb6735cdfdc695ff7b076e4cbc1981bc88 as part of Django 1.8, so it
 seems it was inaccurate since its introduction.

 Unless there's a subtlety I'm not thinking of, I think we can remove that
 text. [https://github.com/django/django/pull/9024 PR]

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28561#comment:3>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/062.0e99308a93d09b184a8cd499790ba070%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to