#28565: Collectstatic raises error when trying to ignore files with glob 
wildcards
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Daniel Wiesmann      |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  closed
    Component:  contrib.staticfiles  |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:  invalid
     Keywords:  staticfiles ignore   |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
  pattern                            |
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Daniel Wiesmann):

 You were right, the error came from the shell expansion. I had tried the
 quoted version before, but it did not result in any matching, that is why
 I got confused.

 After looking into the details of collectstatic, I saw that the patterns
 were not matched against the full file paths. So the above statement would
 never find a match. I made a small pull request to allow for this kind of
 matching and added a reference to the `fnmatch` library to the docs, so
 that its easier to understand how the matching is done (since its not
 using glob directly).

 https://github.com/django/django/pull/9021

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28565#comment:3>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/067.5491785eb8fb6f62e80d26f956f23088%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to