#28010: Add support for SELECT...FOR UPDATE OF
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter: Ran Benita | Owner: nobody
Type: New feature | Status: closed
Component: Database layer | Version: master
(models, ORM) |
Severity: Normal | Resolution: fixed
Keywords: | Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: 1 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 0
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by Adam Chidlow):
Hi Ran, I'm using `select_for_update` from the reverse side of a
OneToOneField succesfuly, it just requires that you
`exclude(<related_field>=None)` as well.
This is what I'm working with at the moment to be able to use `of=` as
well:
https://github.com/achidlow/django/commit/83fa6963a0b4b9f02c88b3abc84e20bce60d9035
(I'm not familiar with django's SQL internals so I don't know if that's
the right fix, and in the unlikely event that it is, `_get_field_choices`
also needs updating. However it's working for me right now)
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28010#comment:9>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/066.880ace8a3037ad493ed31488e109a193%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.