#28388: JSONFIeld cannot be overridden to use OrderedDict as 
python-representation
of objects of JSON
--------------------------------------------+------------------------
               Reporter:  Vladimir Chub     |          Owner:  (none)
                   Type:  New feature       |         Status:  new
              Component:  contrib.postgres  |        Version:  1.11
               Severity:  Normal            |       Keywords:
           Triage Stage:  Unreviewed        |      Has patch:  0
    Needs documentation:  0                 |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0                 |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0                 |
--------------------------------------------+------------------------
 I tried to override `django.contrib.postgres.fields.JSONField` to use
 `OrderedDict` instead of `dict` when field value is representing as
 Python-object. According to the source code, it was necessary override
 `django.contrib.postgres.fields.jsonb.JSONField` and its formfield form
 `django.contrib.postgres.forms.jsonb.JSONField`. I changed
 `json.loads(value)` to `json.loads(value, object_pairs_hook=OrderedDict)`
 in multiple places but it has no effect. Having dealt with the source
 code, I came to the conclusion that there is no possibility (or too
 complexity, so I don't know how) to override this behavior of JSONField.
 Please, implement the feature which will allow override JSONField's
 python-representation

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28388>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/050.0b64faccf71da046bccb5f90f5769f66%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to