#28312: ModelChoiceIterator uses cached length of queryset.
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Sjoerd Job Postmus  |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                 |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Forms               |                  Version:  1.8
     Severity:  Normal              |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                      |             Triage Stage:  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  0                   |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                   |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                   |                    UI/UX:  0
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Changes (by Tim Graham):

 * component:  Uncategorized => Forms


Comment:

 I don't understand the "bug" aspect to the report. Can you give a test
 case that demonstrates incorrect behavior?

 I understand the point about memory consumption. I guess switching to
 `count()` might be better, although it adds a query and could require some
 adapting of `assertNumQueries()` tests (there is one test in Django's
 `model_forms` tests that breaks in this way).

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28312#comment:1>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/067.ac81b4f8307a1cd5f77463d599d03deb%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to