#26488: migrate crashes when renaming a multi-table inheritance base model
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Christopher          |                    Owner:  nobody
  Neugebauer                         |
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Migrations           |                  Version:  1.9
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by kesterlester):

 Replying to [comment:5 Tim Graham]:
 > As reported in #28243 (closed as duplicate), after
 ecd625e830ef765d5e60d5db7bc6e3b7ffc76d06,  the error is now something like
 "FieldError: Auto-generated field 'a_ptr' in class 'B' for parent_link to
 base class 'A' clashes with declared field of the same name."

 Ah - such a relief to find this bug report!   ~24 hours ago I hit this
 problem in my first django project.  Being a newbie I presumed I was doing
 something wrong and have been trying all sorts of things (without success)
 to allow me to rename a base class without losing all the data that's now
 in my database.  I'll leave the renaming issue alone now and await a
 patch.  I don't feel anywhere near experienced enough yet to try to patch
 things myself, but maybe later?

 In agreement with Tim's comment I see:

 {{{ jango.core.exceptions.FieldError: Auto-generated field 'content_ptr'
 in class 'Answer' for parent_link to base class 'Content' clashes with
 declared field of the same name. }}}

 as a result of me trying to rename a multi-table inheritance base class
 (having no non-automatic fields) from name "Content" to something else,
 when class Answer derives from Content.

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26488#comment:6>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/066.5d15f5833b6b38428d72a910c5291f77%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to