#28267: Change submit_line implementation to allow easier modification
---------------------------------+--------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Karolis Ryselis  |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Uncategorized    |                   Status:  new
    Component:  contrib.admin    |                  Version:  master
     Severity:  Normal           |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                   |             Triage Stage:  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  0                |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                |                    UI/UX:  0
---------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Comment (by Karolis Ryselis):

 Correct me if I am wrong, but the only way to add a new button is to
 create a `submit_line.html` under, say, `admin/app/model`, copy and paste
 the content from original `submit_line.html` and make modifications.
 If I extend base `submit_line.html`, I can only add buttons before `div
 .submit-row` or after `div.submit-row`, there is no way to add one new
 button while reusing existing code. Moreover, if I want to add new button,
 I will have to copy and paste HTML of another button, changing a few
 attributes. Finally, if I want to change style of my buttons by adding an
 HTML `class` attribute, I will have to modify each button that exists in
 any of the templates.
 If we used the proposed approach, adding a button would become overriding
 `get_submit_line_buttons` and adding a button to list. Finally, I could
 iterate over all buttons in Python code and add a class, change the title
 of a default button without having to copy and paste existing templates.

 What do you think about it?

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28267#comment:2>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/065.9e0f15b68856e9b7e2b73d059c1a18df%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to