#28268: Feature: Clear cached_property on related DB operations.
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Özer Sahin           |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  New feature          |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  1.11
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:  cached_property      |             Triage Stage:
                                     |  Unreviewed
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Özer Sahin):

 Yes, so Django should automatically take care of those operations in the
 background. Of course I could write a mixin or something similar, but that
 would bring overhead to the project.

 Pydanny has a module, that is a configurable property:
 https://github.com/pydanny/cached-property

 But that does not cover that case, I already asked and he referred me to
 the Django project.

 I am not sure, if I could write an app that does all that. I thought it
 would be convenient if the cached_property could be called with kwargs
 like @cached_property(delete_on_save=True,
 delete_when_models_change=[ModelA, ModelB]).

 Thank you for your time btw, really appreciate it!

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28268#comment:6>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/063.bc696605fc5e0ea534a8b6730eab8a64%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to