#27039: ModelFields with 'default' value set and 'required'=False in form does 
not
use default value
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Ivan Belokobylskiy   |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  closed
    Component:  Forms                |                  Version:  1.10
     Severity:  Release blocker      |               Resolution:  fixed
     Keywords:  default non-         |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
  required modelform                 |
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Matt Davis):

 I am noticing an odd behavior upgrading a Django app and I have traced it
 to this ticket.  I have upgraded the app from 1.8 to 1.10 and all tests
 are passing, however if I upgrade from 1.10 to 1.10.1 one of my tests
 fail.  I have determined the reason why to be its a ModelForm and the
 model has a field defined with a default value:

 {{{
 field_x = models.CharField(max_length=100, db_index=True, blank=True,
 default='')
 }}}

 The model form also has a clean method that if a value isn't supplied for
 field_x that it will generate one:

 {{
 def clean_field_x(self):
     token = self.cleaned_data.get('field_x')
     if not token:
         token = utils.generate_token()
     return token
 }}

 It would appear that in 1.10.1 it changed from using the generated token
 in the clean method, to then preferring the model field's default value.
 I think this behavior is incorrect, shouldn't it prefer the form's cleaned
 data over the model defaults?

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27039#comment:17>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/064.d6d525f23f258e8a3ae19b57b482013e%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to