#28212: Allow customizing the port that LiveServerTestCase uses
--------------------------------------+------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Robert Rollins        |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Cleanup/optimization  |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Testing framework     |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal                |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                        |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  1                     |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                     |  Patch needs improvement:  1
Easy pickings:  0                     |                    UI/UX:  0
--------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by Robert Rollins):

 Well that was much less painful than I expected! I've had some pretty
 harrowing experiences trying to set up and run other app's test suites in
 the past, but Django's was a breeze!

 Here's a new patch with the code change and a test I wrote. Unfortunately,
 I don't really know what to do about exceptions thrown during the test
 (like what
 `LiveServerPort.test_port_bind` does), so the test code isn't complete.
 But I think it exercises the relevant code changes, at least.

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28212#comment:5>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/071.e045f7517a47d74ba7e6afd80d46c425%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to