#28104: conditional view processing decorator adds stale ETag
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Syed Safi Ali Shah  |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                 |                   Status:  new
    Component:  HTTP handling       |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal              |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                      |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  1                   |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                   |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                   |                    UI/UX:  0
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by Josh Schneier):

 * has_patch:  0 => 1


Comment:

 I looked into this and implemented Simon's option 2 but just want to note
 that the RFC link applies only to `PUT` ''in particular''. `POST` and
 other unsafe methods can return validator headers as discussed in
 [https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-7.2 Section 7.2].

 I do agree that computing it for POST would make the code a bit ugly due
 to needing to run the functions twice and can be thought of as a new
 feature instead of the bug which is this. I could also use some help
 framing this in documentation (does it warrant a ..versionchanged,
 technically it does change things so I wasn't sure if it should go in 1.11
 or not).

 [https://github.com/django/django/pull/8468 PR]

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28104#comment:4>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/069.0fcf9e264041c636dcd6c7892093d1b1%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to