#14149: LIKE clauses fail in Oracle 9.2.0.7
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  JirkaV               |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  closed
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  1.2
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:  fixed
     Keywords:  oracle               |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  1                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Changes (by Tim Graham):

 * ui_ux:   => 0
 * type:   => Bug
 * severity:   => Normal
 * easy:   => 0


Old description:

> Hi,
>
>   I've recently started using Oracle backend, connecting to a database I
> don't own or operate. I started seeing behaviour described in #5985
> (DatabaseError: ORA-01425: escape character must be character string of
> length 1), fixed in r7412. Since I was hitting an issue that's been
> apparently fixed, I started digging in history and found that the fix was
> reverted in r12293 (related ticket: #11017). The fact that it might
> reintroduce the bug is actually mentioned in the ticket.
>
>   I'm happy monkeypatching my Oracle base.py as I may as well be the only
> person suffering from this issue these days. Mentioning it here mostly
> for the record, if someone searches for it in future. I'm also happy to
> help testing any suggested solutions if someone has an idea that would
> fix #5985 without breaking #11017 again.
>
>  For the record, the database I'm connecting to is 9.2.0.7 (I know, old).
>
>   Cheers
>
>     Jirka

New description:

 I've recently started using Oracle backend, connecting to a database I
 don't own or operate. I started seeing behaviour described in #5985
 (DatabaseError: ORA-01425: escape character must be character string of
 length 1), fixed in r7412. Since I was hitting an issue that's been
 apparently fixed, I started digging in history and found that the fix was
 reverted in r12293 (related ticket: #11017). The fact that it might
 reintroduce the bug is actually mentioned in the ticket.

 I'm happy monkeypatching my Oracle base.py as I may as well be the only
 person suffering from this issue these days. Mentioning it here mostly for
 the record, if someone searches for it in future. I'm also happy to help
 testing any suggested solutions if someone has an idea that would fix
 #5985 without breaking #11017 again.

 For the record, the database I'm connecting to is 9.2.0.7 (I know, old).

--

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/14149#comment:14>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/064.eed0989c672048bd211adc24e59675a5%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to