#28103: Add ExtractQuarter to DateField
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
               Reporter:  Matthew    |          Owner:  nobody
  Pava                               |
                   Type:  New        |         Status:  new
  feature                            |
              Component:  Database   |        Version:  1.11
  layer (models, ORM)                |
               Severity:  Normal     |       Keywords:  ORM Extract Trunc
           Triage Stage:             |      Has patch:  0
  Unreviewed                         |
    Needs documentation:  0          |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0          |  Easy pickings:  1
                  UI/UX:  0          |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 I was able to successfully add it to my project, but it seems so basic and
 general that I would like to see it added to Django.

 {{{
 class ExtractQuarter(Extract):
     lookup_name = "quarter"

 DateField.register_lookup(ExtractQuarter)
 }}}

 You probably also want to add a corresponding Trunc function, though I
 haven't tested it.
 {{{
 class TruncQuarter(TruncBase):
     kind = "quarter"
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28103>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/049.43c9ddb7d59a0f39d07dc6e724f7875b%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to