#28010: select_for_update() is too eager in presence of joins
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter: Ran Benita | Owner: nobody
Type: New feature | Status: new
Component: Database layer | Version: master
(models, ORM) |
Severity: Normal | Resolution:
Keywords: | Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: 0 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 0
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by Ran Benita):
Thanks Simon. I will try to implement approach 2. I will start with just
supporting `self` (not implicit), and see if I can get it to work; that
would already be useful.
Also, I need to correct my comment on Oracle a bit: while Oracle requires
to specify a column, it does not "lock a column", it locks the entire row
of the table containing the column. So it's equivalent to Postgres, only
we should write `SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF "orders_order.id"` in Oracle
instead of `SELECT ... FOR UPDATE "orders_order"` in Postgres. Here's the
doc:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e41084/statements_10002.htm#SQLRF55372
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28010#comment:2>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/066.e8589d9afe57b736a41bd5a16344e018%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.