#19527: Allow QuerySet.bulk_create() to set the primary key of its objects
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Vlada Macek          |                    Owner:  nobody
         Type:  New feature          |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:  master
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:  oracle               |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
  QuerySet.bulk_create               |
    Has patch:  0                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by Malik A. Rumi):

 With the implementation of this new feature, shouldn't the language of
 https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/ref/models/instances/#explicitly-
 specifying-auto-primary-key-values **also** be changed in addition to the
 changes made to
 https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/ref/models/querysets/ ?

 I'd offer to do it via a pull request but I'm not sure I know enough about
 how all this is implemented to write it correctly. In fact, if I'm wrong
 about the need to update the language of
 https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/ref/models/instances/#explicitly-
 specifying-auto-primary-key-values, that would be ''proof'' I don't
 understand! ;-)

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/19527#comment:44>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/064.2b6f529a69870961ff32784a974d3e81%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to