#27894: ATOMIC_REQUESTS setting isn't honored in second view called via 
as_view()
------------------------------------------+------------------------
               Reporter:  Patrick Gerken  |          Owner:  nobody
                   Type:  Bug             |         Status:  new
              Component:  Uncategorized   |        Version:  1.10
               Severity:  Normal          |       Keywords:
           Triage Stage:  Unreviewed      |      Has patch:  0
    Needs documentation:  0               |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0               |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0               |
------------------------------------------+------------------------
 My database has ATOMIC_REQUESTS set to true.

 My view "a" calls a view "b" that adds items to the database.
 Then my view "a" raises an exception.
 The items created in the view "b" are in the database.

 I tried to write a proper test in django to reproduce the failure but I
 think it is not working properly:
 https://github.com/do3cc/django/commit/c9d7be5fde722b552dd4cb6276b1a1edf201f53f
 I use a settings file that activates postgres and the test gets executed
 but I suspect that I must use the client to access the views.

 This is roughly the code in question:

 
https://github.com/do3cc/django/blob/c9d7be5fde722b552dd4cb6276b1a1edf201f53f/tests/transactions/tests.py#L31-L36

 I'd love to write a better testcase for it but I am a bit lost at the
 moment where to write that test case.

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27894>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/048.be380fec9003d0058edad04268f4fd43%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to