Hello Marco,

thanks for your question. I started updating the doc to reflect your point,
which is perfectly valid, and at the end, I reworte the QUICK START part of the
po4a(1) documentation. The new version is here:
https://github.com/mquinson/po4a/blob/master/po4a#L602

Please comment before I update the POT files to ask translators to start the
translation.

Thanks for reporting,
Mt

Le samedi 20 août 2022 à 09:59 +0000, Marco Ciampa a écrit :
> Sorry for being so ignorant.
> 
> Is po4a English centric? I mean, what if somebody translate a manual
> starting from a language different from English (say French, like many
> Framasoft projects)? Does it still work? If so, this passage in the po4a
> manual might be misleading:
> 
> man po4a:
> 
> "Depending on your settings, po4a will discard the partially translated
> documents, or produce a document mixing English (for the new or modified
> paragraphs) and the target language (for paragraphs where translation is
> already in the PO file)."
> 
> if it could be some other than English language, instead of English
> should be used "source language" or something similar?
> 
> --
> 
> Amike,
> Marco Ciampa
> _______________________________________________
> Devel mailing list -- [email protected]
> To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

-- 
Pour une évaluation indépendante, transparente et rigoureuse !
Je soutiens la Commission d'Évaluation de l'Inria.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to