In my attempt to check what's necessary to install po4a on Windows I tried to first install it from scratch on my Mac.
I guess Windows users would use something like Strawberry Perl, and probably have direct access to cpanm. That seemed to be an issue on Mac. I could install it with cpan: ➜ cpan App::cpanminus Loading internal logger. Log::Log4perl recommended for better logging Reading '/Users/suzume/.cpan/Metadata' Database was generated on Tue, 05 Oct 2021 00:17:03 GMT App::cpanminus is up to date (1.7044). But then the shell could not find it: po4a on master ➜ cpanm Module::Build zsh: command not found: cpanm I guess it's a path issue, but I'd expect cpan to get that right at install. So I installed cpanminus from Brew instead and it worked... After running Build installdeps, I end up stuck at SGMLS: po4a on master ➜ perl Build installdeps Checking optional dependencies: Install SGMLS? [y ]y Loading internal logger. Log::Log4perl recommended for better logging Reading '/Users/suzume/.cpan/Metadata' Database was generated on Tue, 05 Oct 2021 00:17:03 GMT >(error): Could not expand [SGMLS]. Check the module name. >(info): I can suggest names if you install one of Text::Levenshtein::XS, >Text::Levenshtein::Damerau::XS, Text::Levenshtein, and >Text::Levenshtein::Damerau::PP >(info): and you provide the -x option on invocation. >(error): Skipping SGMLS because I couldn't find a matching namespace. >(error): Could not expand [SGMLS]. Check the module name. >(error): Skipping SGMLS because I couldn't find a matching namespace. po4a on master took 6s ➜ cpanm SGMLS ! Finding SGMLS on cpanmetadb failed. ! Finding SGMLS () on metacpan failed. ! Finding SGMLS () on mirror http://www.cpan.org failed. ! Couldn't find module or a distribution SGMLS So, what is that SGMLS thing that's required but can't be found ? -- Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune https://mac4translators.blogspot.com https://sr.ht/~brandelune/omegat-as-a-book/ _______________________________________________ Devel mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
