Hello, 

I would say that you want to use quotes around the content passed to --option. 
Something like --option "debut tablecells". But I'm not sure. 

The easier would certainly be to change to po4a(1) binary instead of using 
po4a-updatepo and friends. 
https://po4a.org/man/man1/po4a.1.php 

Bye, Mt. 

PS1: please keep the mailing list in CC when answering ;) 
PS2: if you prefer, we are also on IRC: https://po4a.org/getinvolved.php 

----- Le 1 Nov 20, à 20:25, Boyd Kelly <[email protected]> a écrit : 

> Thanks for such a quick response on a sunday evening... I saw that and tried
> this. Maybe I just don't have the right syntax?? (also added the options to
> po4a-gettextize)

> if ! po4a-updatepo \
> --format asciidoc --option debu tablecells \
> --master "$file" \
> --master-charset "UTF-8" \
> --copyright-holder "$ME" \
> --package-name "$PACKAGE" \
> --package-version "$VERSION" \
> --verbose \
> --po "$po_file" ; then
> echo ""
> echo "Error updating $lang PO file for: $file"
> else

> A sample table I have is like:
> [width="100%",cols="2,8",frame="topbot",options="none",stripe="even"]
> |===
> |Yet|Une action qui ne s'est pas produit jusqu'au présent. (encore)
> |Still|Une action qui continue à se produire, qui n'est jamais arrétée.
> |Again|Une action discontinue qui reprend.
>|Even|Nuancé avec 'still'|Une chose qui s'est arrétée/épuisée, mais il y en
> |aura...|(encore !)
>|Yet again|Une action discontinue qui reprend au moins une fois mais 
>probablement
> |plus.
> |===

> On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 at 18:01, Martin Quinson < [
> mailto:[email protected] | [email protected] ] > wrote:

>> Hello Boyd,

>> welcome to po4a.

>> On Sun, Nov 01, 2020 at 04:25:23PM +0000, Boyd Kelly wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > I'm just getting started here, but I noticed that my asciidoctor tables are
>> > all being formatted by po4a-gettextize as a single unit. Is there any way
>> > of coercing po4a to make each table line a translatable message? I have
>> > been poking through the man pages and tried -format asciidoc tablecells
>> > just to see if that would change anything, but no dice. Any pointers
>> > appreciated. Thanks
>> > bk

>> I think you're looking for the 'tablecells' option of this parser,
>> aren't you?

>> [ https://po4a.org/man/man3/Locale::Po4a::AsciiDoc.3pm.php |
>> https://po4a.org/man/man3/Locale::Po4a::AsciiDoc.3pm.php ]

>> HTH, Mt.

>> --
>> What I am really interested in is knowing whether God could have
>> created the world in a different way; in other words, whether the
>> requirement of logical simplicity admits a margin of freedom.
>> -- Albert Einstein, as quoted by Erner Strauss, his assistant.

> --
> [ mailto:[email protected] | Boyd Kelly ]
> www: [ http://www.coastsystems.net/ | http://www.coastsystems.net ]
> Tel: +1 604 837-0765
_______________________________________________
Devel mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to