Looks like tickets are addressed or just waiting for CI to merge. Thanks all!
Btw I've found a blocker which impacts Spark 4.2.0+ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-59919 I'll ensure the fix for this blocker is landed, and trigger another RC. On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 12:45 PM Jungtaek Lim <[email protected]> wrote: > Yes, we can wait for both tickets. Please try best to get it done and > consider excluding if it takes time (e.g. an week) and there is a > workaround. > > I've marked SPARK-44462 (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/55410) as a > blocker (author is Jie Yang), but I've reviewed the PR and found a couple > blockers, so maybe we will have to leave it as known issue if those are not > addressed in the proper time. > > SPARK-59122 (https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/58419) is also marked > as a blocker (author is Jie Yang) - the PR got approved by Wenchen/Dongjoon > so I expect the PR to be merged sooner than later. > > I don't think I see other blocker tickets at this point. > > On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 1:38 AM L. C. Hsieh <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> Similar to 4.1.4/4.2.1 RC1, we found that branch-4.3 also includes >> SPARK-59407 with two regressions: the byte-valued event-log limit is >> checked against twice the UTF-16 character count, and the public JVM >> no-argument constructor of ReplayListenerBus was removed. >> >> PR #59074 addresses these issues, along with line diagnostics and memory >> limits, and is still under review. >> >> Could we hold off cutting RC1 before merging the reviewed fix? This would >> avoid shipping the current configuration semantics and changing them in a >> subsequent patch release. >> >> https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/59074 >> >> >> On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 5:25 PM Gengliang Wang <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Hi Jungtaek, >>> >>> I would like to get SPARK-59841 >>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-59841> (PR #59119 >>> <https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/59119>) merged for Spark 4.3 to >>> address an inconsistency between the loadTable and loadChangelog APIs. >>> >>> Would it be possible to allow another 1–2 days for review and merge >>> before proceeding with the release? >>> >>> Thanks! >>> >>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 3:54 PM Holden Karau <[email protected]> >>> wrote: >>> >>>> I’m investigating a back backport I made during some fixes and hope to >>>> have that resolved tonight, but otherwise I think we’re looking good. >>>> >>>> >>>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/holdenkarau >>>> Fight Health Insurance: https://www.fighthealthinsurance.com/ >>>> <https://www.fighthealthinsurance.com/?q=hk_email> >>>> Books (Learning Spark, High Performance Spark, etc.): >>>> https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9 <https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9> >>>> YouTube Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/user/holdenkarau >>>> Pronouns: she/her >>>> >>>> On Mon, Sep 28, 2026 at 3:52 PM Jungtaek Lim < >>>> [email protected]> wrote: >>>> >>>>> Hi dev, I'm a release manager of Apache Spark 4.3.0. >>>>> >>>>> We failed the release candidate 1 for Apache Spark 4.3.0, and I'm >>>>> trying to find the timing to cut the next RC. Last time I checked, there >>>>> are ongoing blockers (myself also filed a blocker ticket) so I kept >>>>> delaying to trigger a new RC. >>>>> >>>>> Since there were a couple weeks, I would like to re-check the blockers >>>>> before moving forward. Instead of just checking the JIRA tickets, I'd love >>>>> to collect the information from folks, who own blocker ticket(s) and the >>>>> rationale/justification of the blocker, and what is the estimation to >>>>> resolve it. >>>>> >>>>> Would you folks mind helping me to obtain the information? This will >>>>> be very helpful to find the timing to cut RC2 rather than blindly cutting >>>>> RC2 and seeing it fail. >>>>> >>>>> Thanks! >>>>> Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR) >>>>> >>>>
