Hi all, Following Szehon's 4.2.1 release discussion, I would like to propose the next maintenance releases for the older maintained lines as well, and I would be happy to start off by volunteering to drive 4.1.4 release.
All of 3.5.x / 4.0.x / 4.1.x / 4.2.x were last released together in mid-July 2026, which is about ~10 weeks ago. Since then: - branch-4.1 has accumulated 63 JIRAs (82 commits), including wrong-results correctness fixes (SPARK-59050 SPJ multi-join, SPARK-58341 positional parameters, SPARK-57932 regexp on supplementary chars, SPARK-59602 float normalization), stability fixes (SPARK-58323 StackOverflow, SPARK-58886 Int overflow, SPARK-55271/SPARK-59008 NPEs), and resource-leak fixes (SPARK-58714, SPARK-58751). - branch-4.0 has 48 JIRAs (60 commits), sharing most of the above correctness fixes. Please note that 4.0.x reaches ~18 months this November, so this would likely be one of its final maintenance releases. - branch-3.5 (extended LTS, security-only) has 14 JIRAs of accumulated security hardening (XSS, Zip-Slip, credential logging, path-traversal, info-disclosure fixes) that are not yet in any 3.5 release; we should perhaps consider getting these out to LTS users. Concretely, I propose that I drive the 4.1.4 release, but we can also coordinate this with 4.0.5 (they share most cherry-picks), and possibly follow with a security-focused 3.5.10. In any case, I would be happy to pair / coordinate with Szehon in this process. What do you folks think? Also, please mention if you have any additional must-have backports for any these releases (4.1.4, 4.0.5, 3.5.10). Best, Uroš --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe e-mail: [email protected]
