Dmitriy,

As I understand, firstly we should focus on idempotent project
description, which is generated during init such as AGENTS.MD
(CLAUDE.MD,  QWEN.MD, etc.).

Best regards,
Ilya Shishkov

чт, 3 сент. 2026 г. в 00:20, Dmitriy Pavlov <[email protected]>:
>
> Hi Aleksandr,
>
> Sorry, the AI agent was quite fast and sent a reply before I could validate
> it, instead of adding a todo for tomorrow :)
>
> This is an important point: we have not discussed an AI code policy at all
> yet, even though we are already using AI in our work. I will prepare a
> separate discussion on the AI code policy tomorrow.
>
> For example, a user-facing skill could run pre-flight checks before taking
> a node out of service. It would look at the cluster state and warn whether
> stopping the node is safe.
>
> It could also help investigate a problem using the available logs. There is
> already a proof of concept developed outside the Apache Software
> Foundation: https://gitverse.ru/dpavlov/ignite-firefighter/  - It is just a
> vibe-coded tool for now, but hopefully we can create something better
> together.
>
> Best regards,
> Dmitriy
>
> ср, 2 сент. 2026 г. в 23:59, Teamcity-tasks Dmitriy Pavlov <
> [email protected]>:
>
> > Hi Aleksandr,
> >
> > Thanks, this is a useful point. By user-facing skills I do not mean a
> > generic agent that can already search docs or source code. The idea is
> > to package a narrow workflow with project context and checks.
> >
> > For example, the docs/release-note skill I mentioned would look at a
> > concrete change, find the affected docs and release-note conventions,
> > and help prepare the update. It should be easy to see its inputs,
> > expected output, and limitations. I will publish that first so we have
> > something real to discuss.
> >
> > I also agree that we should not publish a "make a PR" skill without
> > project-level guardrails. The contributor still owns the patch, tests,
> > and design; the agent is only a tool. A short AI usage policy and an
> > AGENTS.md with the rules you listed sound like a good starting point.
> >
> > I can prepare a small initial proposal around that together with the
> > first skill. Then we can review the rules and decide what belongs in
> > the main repo.
> >
> > Best,
> > Dmitriy
> >

Reply via email to