Dear Dmitriy and Apache Ignite PMC members,

My name is Benjamin Chen. I am working with Apache Ignite 3.1.0 and would like 
to contribute fixes developed in my fork, covering Compute/ClassLoader 
behavior, MVGC, and read-only replica routing.

Kirill Tkalenko kindly explained that Ignite 3 is currently on hold and that 
there may be no reviewers available. He also pointed me to Pavel Tupitsyn’s 
July 6 message 
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/wy2yldgydpcldxmjw6bbntx93mt2lbrg>, which 
described a pause due to community-related changes.

I understand that review capacity is limited, and I am not requesting an 
immediate review or a commitment to a release date. Could the PMC please 
clarify:

Is there an updated public statement about Ignite 3’s status and the scope of 
the pause?
During the pause, is there any capacity for critical bug fixes and security 
maintenance for existing 3.1.0 users?
Would documenting the issues and submitting separate draft PRs be useful, and 
what contribution channel should I use?
What guidance would you offer users deciding whether to continue with Ignite 
3.1.0 or consider Ignite 2?
Any publicly shareable information would help me plan maintenance and 
contribution efforts. If another thread or contact is more appropriate, please 
point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time and for the community’s work on Apache Ignite.

Best regards,
Benjamin Chen

Reply via email to