arturobernalg commented on PR #881: URL: https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/881#issuecomment-6036257707
> > @ok2c now what??? What should i do with this PR? > > @arturobernalg I really cannot tell you what to do as I have no understanding of the underlying specification. If you think the feature is ready for 5.7 feel free to merge the pull request. Then, re-work the code and remove duplicated bits once there is a release of `commons-compress` with the required functionality. One important thing, `commons-compress` should remain optional at runtime. Alternatively, you way want to keep the pull request open until `commons-compress` is ready. > > I really have no idea how important this feature is for the wider user population and therefore cannot tell what approach is better. I even had no idea this RFC existed. > > @ok2c now what??? What should i do with this PR? > > @arturobernalg I really cannot tell you what to do as I have no understanding of the underlying specification. If you think the feature is ready for 5.7 feel free to merge the pull request. Then, re-work the code and remove duplicated bits once there is a release of `commons-compress` with the required functionality. One important thing, `commons-compress` should remain optional at runtime. Alternatively, you way want to keep the pull request open until `commons-compress` is ready. > > I really have no idea how important this feature is for the wider user population and therefore cannot tell what approach is better. I even had no idea this RFC existed. @ok2c @garydgregory I looked into moving the async decompression to Commons Compress, but that is not really possible at the moment. Zstd would work, but the Brotli implementation used by Commons Compress only exposes an `InputStream` API and does not provide incremental decoding. So for now I would keep the async implementation in HttpClient and merge it as is. We can revisit this later if Commons Compress gets suitable incremental Brotli support. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
