On 9/15/2026 12:46 PM, Evgeny Sokolov wrote:
From: Sokolov Evgeny <[email protected]>

---

This patch is odd.

First of all, the patch headline says it's the third patch of the series, but there is no "series" here, it's just a standalone patch. Please use appropriate git format-patch/send-email command line parameters to send patches with proper threading if this is indeed part of a series and not a standalone patch.

Moreover, there's no commit message.

Aside from general commit formatting issues, I'm of two opinions on this particular change. Specifically, I think this:


        if (next_type == RTE_FLOW_ITEM_END && ...)

actually looks better than this:

        if (((item + 1)->type == RTE_FLOW_ITEM_TYPE_END) && ...

because there's way less visual noise. So, I would keep next_type as local variable.

However, if the intention of this patch was to get rid of the three places where we set next_type, then I agree with that direction: we should only be setting it once. Perhaps we could set it before the switch statement?

--
Thanks,
Anatoly

Reply via email to