Hi Rich,

The word "catalyst" is inspired by the Confluent Catalyst program. I had 
nominated some ALC Taipei folks for that award before. The core idea is that 
someone who can show how they helped others contribute to ASF projects gets 
recognized by the ASF itself.

Let me share some candidates from ALC Taipei.

Case 1: uses university courses to bring students into ASF projects.
Case 2: hosts regular meetups where local OSS contributors discuss the issues 
they are facing.
Case 3: actively reviews PRs and finds valuable issues.

I'm going to draft a page to demonstrate the idea. Honestly, my personal 
motivation is that I have seen many quiet but talented OSS contributors in ALC 
Taipei. We are building some local awards for them, but it seems to me an honor 
from the ASF would mean more than anything.

Best,
Chia-Ping

On 2026/09/27 13:13:04 Rich Bowen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2026, 08:03 Chia-Ping Tsai <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Following up on the members@ thread, here's a rough idea.
> >
> > An official page where the ASF recognizes the catalysts nominated by each
> > ALC chapter each year. A catalyst is someone who helps new people become
> > real contributors to ASF projects.
> >
> 
> Is this documented somewhere? This is the first I've heard of it, and this
> concept sounds fascinating, and is something I'd like to see happen more
> broadly.
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to