Hi All.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2026 at 7:17 PM Rich Bowen <[email protected]> wrote:

> I support the creation of this ALC. I know Ezra and vouch for his ability
> to lead this effort. I spoke with him (and Seth and Julius) last night
> about what’s involved, and the brand responsibilities associated with this.
> If it is necessary for a Member to sign on to this, I’m happy to put my
> name on it.
>

Unless there are objections to this in the next few days, I feel like we
need to approve this and unblock these people.
With Rich mentoring I am happy to approve this, and acclimating to my new
ALC role I for my part will help get the paperwork
started aka their Confluence wiki pages and see that we start getting a
report in from them.

Kind Regards

Gavin


>
> > On Aug 30, 2026, at 11:03 PM, Yendau Ezra <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi ComDev Team,
> >
> > My name is Ezra Yendau, a software engineer and open-source community
> > organizer based in Ghana.
> >
> > I am writing to formally express interest in establishing an Apache Local
> > Community (ALC) chapter in Ghana, ALC Ghana.
> >
> > Over the past few years, the software development ecosystem in Ghana has
> > seen rapid growth, with increasing interest in big data, cloud
> > infrastructure, and open-source software. However, many local developers
> > are still looking for structured guidance on how to actively contribute
> to
> > Apache projects and embrace "The Apache Way."
> >
> > Our goals for ALC Ghana include:
> > 1. Awareness & Education: Hosting workshops, meetups, and technical talks
> > on popular Apache projects (e.g., Kafka, Airflow, Spark, CloudStack).
> > 2. Open Source Mentorship: Guiding local developers, students, and
> > engineers on how to become active contributors and maintainers within the
> > ASF ecosystem.
> > 3. Ecosystem Collaboration: Partnering with local tech communities and
> > universities to advocate for open-source principles across West Africa.
> >
> > Initial Organizers:
> > - Ezra Yendau (Lead / Contact Person)
> > - Seth Mensah (Co-Lead)
> > - Julius Boakye (Co-Organizer)
> >
> > We would love your feedback on this proposal and to learn the next
> official
> > steps to launch ALC Ghana under the Apache Community Development umbrella
> > formally.
> >
> > Thank you for your time and support!
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Ezra Yendau,
> > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ezra-yendau-601ba3246/
> > GitHub: https://www.github.com/ezi-code
> > Wa, Ghana.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
>
>

-- 


*Gavin McDonald - *
Systems Administrator, ASF Infrastructure Team
V.P Travel Assistance Committee

Reply via email to