Hi Gary,

On 25.09.2026 22:16, Gary Gregory wrote:
> We have fixed a few bugs and added enhancements since the release of
> Apache Commons Lang 3.20.0, so I would like to release Apache Commons
> Lang 3.21.0.
> 
> [...]
> 
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now.
> 
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...


+1, release these artifacts.

I performed the usual checks:

- Checksums and signatures are valid.
- Unit tests pass.
- The build is reproducible on JDK 25 with the timezone set to UTC.
- The JApiCmp report is consistent with the changelog; I found no
undocumented API changes.
- The RAT report shows no issues.

Astra also independently verified the artifacts and ran the builds on
JDKs 8, 11, 17, 21, and 25, with no test failures or errors.

I noticed a few non-blocking changelog issues:

- SerializationUtils.requireNonNull(T, String) is missing.
- The ArrayFill entry omits clear(byte[]), clear(char[], int, int), and
fill(char[], int, int, char).
- CharUtils.isOctal(int) should read CharUtils.isOctal(byte).
- The new RecursiveToStringStyle constructor, builder, and configurable
output limit deserve a mention.
- The LocaleUtils.countriesByLanguage cache entry appears twice, and the
WordUtils.wrap() entry repeats its sentence.

The release notes could also be shortened by consolidating test-only
changes and internal cleanups.

Thanks for preparing the release!

Piotr

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to