GitHub user roseduan added a comment to the discussion: [Proposal] Continuous 
SQLancer fuzzing for Cloudberry (5 bugs from a first run, looking for 
volunteers)

> Yep! Very useful tool.
> 
> Could you provide detailed instructions on how to launch it in the 
> development environment?
> 
> It will be great to perform regular checks. But they should be done by a 
> skilled developer. I do not believe in the results of auto-scans. They 
> usually provide a lot of false positives.
> 
> How I see it, right now I am developing Anser (and, in fact, the same 
> considerations apply to many other changes - for example, #1762). At some 
> point, I will decide that I want to enable it for much broader query types. I 
> will conduct some performance tests. However, I should also be sure that 
> there are no other issues, such as wrong results or core dumps. I need good 
> assistance to check, and SQLancer can help me to make sure everything is OK.
> 
> How to organize it - let's open an issue on the found bugs. The only subtle 
> point here is that we should thoroughly describe the issue, make good 
> examples of how to reproduce it, and what the expected behavior is. I am 
> going to involve new developers in our community, and it will be a great task 
> to start doing something. Of course, not all issues are simple; some of them 
> are quite tricky. So what? Developing databases is not easy.

I have created a MR in sqlancer community and wait their review.
https://github.com/sqlancer/sqlancer/pull/1365

GitHub link: 
https://github.com/apache/cloudberry/discussions/1952#discussioncomment-18654512

----
This is an automatically sent email for [email protected].
To unsubscribe, please send an email to: [email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to