** Attachment added: "ThreadStacktrace.txt"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/970194/+attachment/2986475/+files/ThreadStacktrace.txt

** Changed in: unity-2d (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to unity-2d in Ubuntu.
Matching subscriptions: dp-unity2d
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/970194

Title:
  unity-2d-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in g_object_newv()

Status in “unity-2d” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The summary error message, "unity-2d-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in
  g_object_newv()", I just got after trying to boot up in Unity 2D.
  This is very much like the error message I got a couple of minutes ago
  in Gnome Classic, which was (as I recall) "gnome_panel crashed with
  SIGSEGV in g_object_newv()".

  I'm using Ubuntu 12.04, fully updated as of a half hour ago, 6am HST,
  Saturday morning.  I have been unable to bring up any shells since
  Friday morning (Mar. 30), when I did an update which included a -21
  version of the Linux kernel.  I've tried also Gnome and Unity 3D.
  Something crashes, or I just get a blank background screen.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: unity-2d-shell 5.8.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-21.34-generic 3.2.13
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-21-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl fglrx
  ApportVersion: 2.0-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sat Mar 31 06:36:20 2012
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/unity-2d-shell
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64 
(20120201.2)
  ProcCmdline: unity-2d-shell
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  Signal: 11
  SourcePackage: unity-2d
  Title: unity-2d-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in g_object_newv()
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity-2d/+bug/970194/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to