Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
review all reported bugs in a timely manner.

Further to comments #3 and #4 I'm closing this bug report by changing
the status to 'Fixed Released' as the issue was fixed by installing
Ubuntu updates.

I'm sorry that it took so long to respond to your comments.

** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1665914

Title:
  Ubuntu 16.04 freezes on Thinkpad X61 Tablet when touched by the stylus

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  I have (up to date) Ubuntu 16.04 on IBM Thinkpad X61 Tablet. I can use
  the stylus to move the cursor – but when I touch the screen with it
  (i.e. click), the system immediately freezes.

  When I touch it without X, in the text mode (Ctrl+Alt+F1) it does not
  freeze.

  I tried to debug it over network, but the network also freezes at the
  same moment.

  When I try QubesOS (with kernel 4.1.13-9.pvops.qubes.x86_64) on the
  same machine, the stylus works correctly and the system does not
  freeze.

  Any tips how to debug it? Maybe using the serial port (I have the
  docking station with RS232). Or I can try some older releases and find
  the last one that was working if it helps.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1665914/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to